HTML


HOME     PORTFOLIO     BIO    PRICING    BLOG    CONTACT    


Monday, October 18, 2010

Puerta del Sol

I took surprisingly few photos in Madrid. In my dad's words, "The best thing about Madrid was going to Segovia."

Granted, Madrid has some incredible museums and interesting sites to see, but I didn't take many pictures. My family tends to enjoy the smaller cities though, so Segovia was a delight. I will blog on Segovia soon, but I wanted to post my favorite work from Madrid first.

On our last day in Madrid, we dragged our bags to the metro station in Puerta del Sol. This wasn't our first time to pass through, but this was my first visit at dusk. The plaza was bustling with so many people, it reminded me of Times Square in NYC. The sunset was beautiful, so I took a shot of the fountain with the clouds in the background. At that point, my dad suggested I try a 360 degree panoramic. I thought he was CRAZY, since there were so many people walking around that it would be impossible to line up. Still, I gave it a try.

I was amazed with how well it fit together. It took me a while to fix the things photoshop missed, but it worked out nicely. This is how it looks as a straight panoramic:




I decided to use the polar coordinates feature in Photoshop to make it a globe:


2 comments:

Nick said...

Really cool!

Anonymous said...

"...the most grandiose result of the photographic enterprise is to give us the sense that we can hold the whole world in our heads—as an anthology of images."

-Susan Sontag, On Photography