HTML


HOME     PORTFOLIO     BIO    PRICING    BLOG    CONTACT    


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Packed: Trip of a Lifetime

Tomorrow I leave for a six week excursion to Europe! I have never been to Europe, and haven't left the country in over 6 years, so I am crazy excited! Friends keep suggesting that I start a blog, so this seems like the perfect time for it.

My parents and I are traveling together in Portugal and Spain for two weeks. At that point my dad will go home and my mom and I will tour Italy. Then I will get to travel on my own to Iceland and London. Organizing and preparing has taken weeks, so I am so stoked to finally be "ready."

After a lot of fussing and shopping I decided to get a large hiking backpack. Loaded with six weeks worth of clothing, supplies, toiletries, etc. it weighs only 25 pounds! I put my 35 pounds of camera equipment into a small rolling suitcase to take as a carry on, so I don't have to have 60+ pounds on my back while I travel.

I am officially packed now, so my mom demanded that I let her do a portrait of me with my pack before we leave. I think she did a great job of capturing my epic preparedness.

packed
I have to go finish getting ready for tomorrow. Thanks for reading!
-Claire

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Hi, Claire,
Nice picture, yes Maria did a great job.
Looking forward to see you here in Portugal.
Teresa

dterryphotography said...

Sounds like fun, I look forward to seeing the results of your trip! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Claire,
What a nice picture! I think Maria did a good job.
You must be so excited about this trip.
I´m looking forward to seeing the pictures of your trip.

Beijos