HTML


HOME     PORTFOLIO     BIO    PRICING    BLOG    CONTACT    


Monday, September 22, 2014

Naxos, Greece- Part 2

There's nothing like a day of getting lost in the nooks and crannies of tiny old towns and exploring places I could never google. The island of Naxos offers all kinds of big beautiful towns for tourists to enjoy, but one of my favorite experiences on the island was hiking from the tiny village of Halki to Filoti. The trail was barely marked so it took a couple of wrong turns and some casual encounters with hungry goats before I arrived at my destination. I unexpectedly ran into a couple of locals who invited me into their home for Greek coffee, water and travel advice which left me feeling delighted and refreshed.

To see more of Naxos, see Part 1 of the blog.


I'm not one to fawn over purchasing quirky souvenirs, but Penelope's precious shop in Halki featuring her breathtaking work. She hand weaves every cloth item in her store ranging from bags and totes to stunning runners and tablecloths. Her enthusiasm for her art was clear as she showed me how to work her loom and told stories of her grandparents and great grandparents using the same designs and patterns that she uses today.
v



No comments: