HTML


HOME     PORTFOLIO     BIO    PRICING    BLOG    CONTACT    


Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Buenos Aires

After weeks experiencing the remote corners of Patagonia, I stopped for a couple of days in Buenos Aires, Argentina. In UshuaiaPuerto NatalesEl Calafate, and El Chaltén, I relished my time spent alone with the silence of the wilderness, so suddenly transitioning to the second largest city in South America was jarring, to say the least. 


Casa Rosada



La Boca

Overwhelmed by the size of the city and the number of people rushing around me, I decided to focus in on the colorful details of the city. On my first day in Buenos Aires, I visited the La Boca neighborhood which is particularly famous for its vibrant architecture. I have no idea why, but I was especially drawn to doors.






















La Recoleta Cemetery

My fascination with details, especially door handles, continued during my visit to Evita Perón's grave. I walked quietly through La Recoleta Cemetery, unable to shake the goosebumps from my body. I looked up, surrounded by enormous crypts whose coffins were so close I could reach out and touch them.























No comments: